Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Welcome Baby A!

Thanksgiving 2011 was special this year. Not because I got to eat an entire meal cooked by my husband (pie included) but it also included a birth. And a VBAC, no less!

Starting around Midnight on Thanksgiving Eve, my client called to let me know her water broke and she was on the way to the hospital. A few hours later it was confirmed she was a centimeter dilated, and so I decided to rest as much as I could (and urged her to do the same) until active labor began. I arrived at the hospital around 10am and labor progressed with the help of a little Pitocin.

After several hours of labor and an epidural for comfort, Baby A was born! It was great to work with the midwives again, and see how supportive they are of a VBAC. The hospital worked very hard to get the baby turned so she could be birthed vaginally. What a wonderful Thanksgiving and so very much to be thankful for.

And yes, the hubs did a GREAT job on dinner. My plate of leftovers around 8:30pm hit the spot!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Spring Garden kit.